We’re running out of ways to describe the market! This last week saw long lines for amazing henna tattoos from United Somali Bantu of Greater Pittsburgh, some great music from Ray Pelletier and Donna O, Asian pears from Sturges Orchards, Amber’s Comfort Kitchen’s muffins and cakes (featuring Sturges’ Zestar apples and Maggie’s blackberries!), a run on Santa Fe Express’s chicken tacos and enchiladas, and so much more.
This week is looking to be another great one! Here are some highlights:
- The Doce Taqueria truck is back!
- Delicious ice cream treats from Curly’s Tin Rizzi will help you say goodbye to summer!
- Dance demonstrations from United Somali Bantu of Greater Pittsburgh will bring a piece of Somali culture to Bellevue!
- Friend of the market Brad Yoder returns!
And that is just the week’s rotating activities! We have dozens of our loyal vendors and regular activities lined up, so check out the full lineup and come visit us at the market!
- Jodikinos Farms – fresh produce from Clinton, PA
- Old Time Farm – heritage breeds grass fed meats, heritage chicken and turkeys, desserts, eggs, and more
- Philsons’ Bushel and a Peck Farm – pesticide/chemical/GMO-free maple syrup, produce, chickens, ducks, and lamb
- Sturges Orchards – fresh produce from Fombell, PA
Prepared and Ready-to-Eat Foods
- Amber’s Comfort Kitchen – high-quality baked goods from Avalon, PA
- Baked True North – gluten-free bakery in Emsworth, PA
- Curly’s Tin Rizzi Ice Cream – food truck with both local and classic ice cream treats
- De Fer Coffee & Tea – sustainably produced coffees and teas
- Doce Taqueria – food truck serving affordable gourmet tacos
- Fire & Nice Products – locally produced hot sauces, marinades, and BBQ sauces
- Good L’Oven – old fashioned cookies with a twist, using local natural ingredients
- Jarred Goods – salsa, mustard, pickles, relishes, fruit spreads, butters and other jarred items from family farms
- Maggies Bundles and Berries – bundled fresh-cut flowers, berries, and other produce from Freedom Farms
- Olive & Marlowe – locally bottled small batch olive oils and vinegars, breads from Five Points Artisan Bakeshop
- Pitaland – fresh pitas, gyros, hummus, and other Mediterranean favorites
- The Pitt Stop – smoked BBQ from Bellevue, PA
- Red Star Kombucha – Pittsburgh, PA-brewed fermented tea
- Ultra Macha – High quality Japanese matcha tea
- Wild River Kettle Korn – fresh kettle korn made on site
- Finch Naturals – locally-made handcrafted soaps and gifts
- United Somali Bantu of Greater Pittsburgh – beautiful and complex henna tattoos
- Bayne Library – pop up library at the market
- The Cove – free art lessons for kids
- Music – Brad Yoder from 4 – 6:30
- Plank Eye board shop – free skateboarding lessons from 5:45 – 6:45
- United Somali Bantu of Greater Pittsburgh – Somali dance demonstrations from 3 – 4
- Vital Glow Yoga – free yoga class from 4:30 – 5:30